Video game publishers Paradox Interactive and developers Paradox Development Studios have released their latest DLC for Crusader Kings II. The eight major DLC expansion for the game is called Charlemagne and adds 100 years to the start of the game (769 AD) and focuses on the rise of Charlemagne and The Holy Roman Empire. The patch 2.2.0 patch includes many new things such as tribal holdings, a new tutorial, new laws, cultures and religions. There is also three cosmetic DLC and an e-book called The Song of Roland which is a good companion to Charlemagne.
Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne Launch Trailer.
Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
From store.steampowered.com: “Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne is the seventh expansion for the much praised strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II and introduces the gamer to an absorbing story of conquests of Charlemagne.” This DLC costs £10.99.
Crusader Kings II: Early Eastern Clothing Pack
“Crusader Kings II: Early Eastern Clothing Pack contains new, historically appropriate, clothing options for Muslim and Byzantine rulers in the 8th to 10th centuries.” This DLC costs £1.59.
Crusader Kings II: Early Western Clothing Pack
“Crusader Kings II: Early Western Clothing Pack contains new, historically appropriate, clothing options for Anglo-Saxon and Frankish rulers in the 8th to 10th centuries.” This DLC costs £1.59.
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields Charlemagne
“Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields Charlemagne DLC, containing historically accurate Coats of Arms for more than 50 famous families of the early Medieval Europe. The Dynasty Shields Charlemagne DLC pays special attention to the dynasties of the Charlemagne era.” This DLC costs £1.59.
Ebook – Crusader Kings II: The Song of Roland
“The Song of Roland, in ebook format. The Song of Roland (La Chanson de Roland in French) is a story of heroism based on the Battle of Roncevaux in 778, in the reign of Charlemagne. Believed to be written in the 11th century, it is one of the oldest surviving major works in French literature.” This ebook costs £1.59.
Crusader Kings II Patch 2.2.0:
- Added tribal holdings
- Added a learning scenario for new players.
- Added the Centralization law, used to control demesne size and vassal limit bonuses.
- Added Era and character quick selection screen.
- Wars can no longer be won before a major battle has taken place or 3 years have passed.
- Levies from settlements can now be raised again if they are more than 50% full.
- Resolved CTD when disbanding troops.
- Fixed bug where customized Coat of Arms was randomized upon reloading the game.
- Fixed CTD when hovering over the ‘Create’ button for titles with no de jure Counties.
- Added new decision to go into hiding for characters who are (real or imagined) targets of murder plots. Spouse or children who are targets can also be sent into hiding.
- Ibadi is no longer a Sunni heresy, but a separate religion.
- Added Kharijite religion as a possible heresy for Ibadi.
- No longer possible to form the Holy Roman Empire if you’re not independent.
- Added large number of tribal holdings to map for all start dates.
- Removed a large number of obsolete tribal titles, and changed others to bring them in line with the new system.
- Added Imperial Administration Law for Byzantium (Increases vassal limit and allows viceroys on both kingdoms and duchies while slightly lowering feudal vassal opinion).
- Added Somali culture in East Africa.
More detailed patch notes can be read here.
Crusader Kings II is a good game, I highly recommend it . Expect plenty more DLC and patches to come in the future.
Some of my other Crusader Kings II posts:
- Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India DLC, Patch 2.1.0, One Other DLC, Sale and New Video is Now Available.
- Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham DLC, Patch 2.00 and Three Other DLC’s are Available.
- New Crusader Kings II DLC for the Next Two Years.
- Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods DLC, Patch 1.09 and Three Other DLC’s are Now Available.
- Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Gameplay Trailer, Developer Diaries and Also Release Date.
- The Best Video Games of 2012 and Other Awards.
- Nine New Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods DLC Screenshots and Two Video Previews. Also 1.092 Patch Notes.
- Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods DLC Coming Soon. Also Trailer and Seven Concept Artwork.
- Crusader Kings II Patch 1.09, Patch 1.091 and Three New DLC’s are Available.
- Crusader Kings II Patch 1.07 and 1.08 are Now Available.