Video game publishers 505 Games and developers Overkill Software have released their latest bit of DLC for Payday 2. This time however they have teamed up with Hotline Miami developers Denaton Games and publishers Devolver Digital on the games seventeenth piece of DLC. It unsurprisingly called Hotline Miami and focuses a new heist for the Elephant contract. The DLC also adds eight new masks, weapons, patterns, materials and seven new achievements.
Payday 2: Hotline Miami Trailer.
- Added a new heist.
- Added 8 new masks.
- Added 8 new materials.
- Added 8 new patterns.
- Added 3 new submachine guns.
- Added 5 new melee weapons.
- Added 7 new achievements.
Read the rest of the patch notes here.
Payday 2: Hotline Miami
From store.steampowered.com: “The dentist’s long-term plans require leverage over Washington’s District Attorney. The hotline to him goes through a Russian, known as the Commissar, operating out of Miami. Your job is to eliminate this Russian. Draw him out by sabotaging his operations in D.C.” Payday 2: Hotline Miami DLC costs £4.99.
- Fixed a streaming issue that randomly caused the game to crash when loading Rats day three.
- Fixed an issue with a collision on Hotline Miami day one.
- Fixed an issue where there was no sound playing when using the Fire Axe melee weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the player could crouch through a door on Hotline Miami day two.
- Fixed an issue where the team AI wouldn’t follow the player if the yellow gate was opened with the Saw on Hotline Miami day two.
- Fixed an issue with the preplan asset costs on Hotline Miami day one.
(Click an image to see a larger image)
I haven’t had the chance to try out the new Hotline Miami DLC for Payday 2 but from what I have seen it looks like Payday and Hotline Miami go surprisingly well together. It’s kind of strange to see enemies from a top down game like Hotline Miami in first person view and in 3D while still managing to keep the same sort of artistic feel. Only a few other games have done it well such as Grand Theft Auto and Fallout.
The only problem with the Hotline Miami DLC is that quite a few of the stuff included with the DLC requires you to already own Hotline Miami which is bad as Hotline Miami is a great game everyone should own and play but imagine if Overkill Software partnered with a bad or really expensive game. It would be pretty terrible for fans of Payday 2 having to buy a game they have no interest in at all just for the sake of some items they already paid for.
I probably wait for this DLC to be on sale as I haven’t been playing Payday 2 much lately but if you are playing it a lot you probably own it already but I would still recommend people get the DLC.
My other Payday posts:
One thought on “Payday 2: Hotline Miami DLC is Available. Also Patch 37, 37.1, One Video and Eight Screenshots”
Comments are closed.