Tribes: Ascend has been updated with several major updates such as “A new gametype CTF Blitz”, “New Technician Weapons” and “Classic Tribes 2 voice packs” plus much more.
I haven’t played Tribes: Ascend since closed beta because it keeps crashing now but the game seems to be getting better as time goes on. It be interesting to see what it looks like in a years time.
Patch 1.0.1082 was deployed on Wednesday 22nd August 2012.
Tribes: Ascend Version 1.0.1082:
- A new gametype, CTF Blitz, has been introduced. In Blitz, the enemy flag base moves location each time your team scores, changing routes and requiring varied tactics to win.CTF Blitz is initially played on Arx Novena, Katabatic and Drydock.
- New Technician Weapons and Skin have been added:
– New Primary: TC24.
– New Belt Item: Repair Kit.
– New Pack: EXR Turret.
– Specialist Skin.
- New CTF Maps have been added to the Quick Play Rotation:
– Dangerous Crossing
- Classic Tribes 2 voice packs are now available, using the original Tribes 2 voices:
- Five male voice packs:
– Hero, Iceman, Rogue, Hardcase, Psycho.
- Five female voice packs:
– Heroine, Professional, Cadet, Veteran, Amazon.
- Three BioDerm voice packs:
– Warrior, Monster, Predator.
- Custom servers can now be configured/purchased in the N. America – Central region, with servers located in Dallas, TX. Note that this region is for Custom Servers only and does not apply to Quick Play matches.
- Improved language support for German and French.
- Added Three new items for Technician:
– New Primary: The TC24 can fire four short-range explosive projectiles before having to reload.
– New Belt Item: The Repair Kit will automatically repair any damaged structures or targets around it.
– New Pack: The EXR Turret has a longer range than the Light Turret and fires a small explosive rocket. It deals less focused damage than the Light Turret, but makes up for it with flexibility.
- Reduced reload time on Brutes Gladiator by 7%.
- Increased damage on Pathfinder’s Light Twinfusor by 12%.
- Increased damage on Soldier’s Twinfusor by 7%.
- Increased damage on Juggernaut’s Heavy Twinfusor by 10%.
- Increased projectile size on Sentinel’s Nova Blaster and Nova Blaster MX.
- More than tripled the activation range of the Rage Perk.
- Increased mass reduction on the Rage perk to 20%.
- Animations in the main menu have been shortened, making for faster menu navigation.
- Various cleanups and fixes to existing maps.
- Fixed a bug where deployable sensors, such as the Sentinel’s Drop Jammer, could permanently affect players.
- Fixed an issue where a mastered Safe Fall perk was resetting the health regen time even though the player took no falling damage.
- Fixed an issue where deployables were not deploying properly on certain surfaces, such as the threshold between the ramp and interior of the Sunstar temple.
- Fixed issues where overlay effects on the Mercenary Sentinel skin could cause a flashing side-effect.
- Fixed an issue where shotguns would not properly perform a passive reload and therefore could cause odd behavior when the player shot subsequent rounds.
- Fixed a bug in which the “Screen Crack” setting would not store properly server-side.
- Fixed a bug in which featured news ticker items would show under the “Watch Now” menu.
- A new settings option has been added to enable Alienware FX. For Alienware machines, colors will change on the hardware based on your health status. Be sure you have the latest Alienware drivers.
- Non-Steam users may add the option “-steam” under “Optional game command line parameters” in order to access Steam-related features, such as use of the Steam wallet (note: You must be logged into Steam prior to launching the game for this feature to work).
- Fixed a bug with health multipliers on custom servers.
- Implemented several cleanups and fixes to the clan tag functionality.
Some of my other Tribes: Ascend posts:
- Tribes: Ascend Version 1.0.1055 Patch Notes.
- Tribes: Ascend is Available to Play Free on Steam.
- Tribes: Ascend Version 1.0.1016 Patch Notes.
- Tribes: Ascend Version 1.0.942.1 Patch Notes.
- Tribes: Ascend Version 1.0.942.1, 1.0.961.0 and 1.0.980.1 Patch Notes.
- Tribes: Ascend Cloak & Dagger Update Coming Soon.
- Tribes: Ascend Release Date and Parody Trailer.
- Tribes: Ascend Official Release and Version 1.0.905.0 Patch Notes.
- Tribes: Ascend Guides.
- Tribes: Ascend Beginner’s Guide.
- Tribes: Ascend Accolades Guide.