Failbetter Games have updated Sunless Sea recently with bug fixes and a few new additions. The main being the ability to summon zee-beast by using different collections of items. Sunless Sea is also currently on sale on the Humble Store for 20% off.
- Summon zee-beast items – use one of these out at zee to summon a powerful foe. Different items will summon different enemies.
- Weapons that require ammunition to use will now give you a clear indication of which item they will use up.
- It should now be possible to reveal your entire chart, provided you have explored all of the navigable ocean around the coast.
- Eliminated some odd spaces that were appearing before or after some of the bold or italicized text.
- Prevented players from becoming locked in a story when revealing their past to one of their officers.
- You should no longer be able to miss-click on the save/load screen and load in file from outside the scroll panel.
- Resolved an issue were clicking the audio settings button would cause the music volume to be set to a new level.
- The main menu button the gazetteer (the green cog) should no longer open a story if there is a story button behind it.
- Scrolling the hold page should no longer result in items overlapping with the jettison cargo button.
It’s a small update that makes it easier to summon rarer enemies in the game in a location of your choice and fixes some bugs but sometimes the smallest update can have the biggest impact on a game.
The game is currently on sale on the Humble Store for 20% off meaning it now costs £10.49. If you aren’t sure about the game you probably should wait for a bigger discount though.
Sunless Sea is good story driven and world exploring game based on the Fallen London universe. It requires patience but is a good atmospheric experience that has interesting stories and situations. I would recommend people try out, especially if you are a fan of the Fallen London browser game or that type of world.