Well its the first day of a new year and a brand new 365 days. It is actually 2014 now but I thought that would be pretty obvious to most people. I celebrated the new year like it was 1982 by punching several group of men in the face with my fists while listening to my Sony Walkman.
Like always there is quite few main events already planned for the year but expect plenty of new things to happen between now and next year.
Events in 2014:
1st January – Latvia officially adopts the euro currency and becomes the eighteenth Eurozone country.
7th to 23rd February – The 2014 Winter Olympics will be held in Sochi, Russia.
27th March – Comet Holmes (17P/Holmes) will reach perihelion.
29th April – An annular solar eclipse will occur.
29th May – Faye’s Comet will reach perihelion.
12th June to 13th July – The 2014 FIFA World Cup will be held in Brazil.
The Sky City skyscraper is planned for completion in Changsha, Hunan, China.
16th to 28th August – The 2014 Summer Youth Olympics will be held in Nanjing, China.
24th August – NASA’s New Horizons spacecraft will cross the orbit of Neptune after travelling for over eight years. New Horizons is scheduled to reach its mission target, Pluto, in 2015.
18th September – The Scottish independence referendum will be held.
The first unmanned flight test of NASA’s Orion spacecraft is scheduled to be launched.
9th November – The Catalan independence referendum is scheduled to be held.
31st December – The United States and the United Kingdom are scheduled to officially withdraw their troops from Afghanistan, marking the end of their thirteen year involvement in the Afghan Civil War.
Moore’s Law of continuous microchip miniaturization is likely to become obsolete in 2014 due to economic constraints.
The International Cometary Explorer, a 1978 NASA solar probe that was repurposed for a mission to explore comets, will approach Earth for the first time in decades. Unless it is reactivated for a new mission, it has enough propellant to be re-captured in the Earth system and potentially recovered in orbit. It has already been donated to the Smithsonian Institution if it should be returned to Earth intact.
The IPCC Fifth Assessment Report is scheduled to be published.
A commercial cure for baldness is predicted to become available.
JAXA’s Hayabusa 2 asteroid sample return mission is expected to be launched.
The first commercial products using memristor technology are expected to become available.
Dates and information from: wikipedia.org.
My 2014 Predictions:
- An important member of the British Royal Family will die.
- A kajin will not attack.
- A new African war will once again tear the Continent apart.
- Brazil will win the 2014 Brazil World Cup.
- The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will continue to not be worth owning.
- North Korea will start talking more with the West.
- Islamic terrorists will strike a major city in Western Europe.
I hope you all have a good 2014. Only one thing is guaranteed, it will be eventful.
Some of my other opinions:
- The Walking Dead: 400 Days is Now Available. Also Two New Videos, Other Release Dates and What I Think Happens
- My Opinion: State of Decay is Now Available on Xbox 360. Also Eleven Screenshots, Videos, Update 1 and More.
- My Opinion: Everything You Need to Know About the Xbox One. My Thoughts on Sony, Microsoft and Much More.
- The Best Video Games of 2012 and Other Awards.
- My Opinion: Everything You Need to Know About the PlayStation 4 and Much More.
- Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas 2012. Also Stalk Father Christmas Around on Google Maps.
My other Hotline Miami posts:
2 thoughts on “Happy New Year 1982 (2014)! Also Things to Look Out for In 2014 and Some of My Predictions for The Year”
Comments are closed.