Video game publishers Paradox Interactive and developers Paradox Development Studios have released their latest bit of DLC for Crusader Kings II. The sixth (not fifth) major DLC expansion for the game is called Sons of Abraham and focuses mostly on updating some old catholics game mechanics such as improved Papal system. It also allows players to play as a Jewish character for the first time and able to recreate the Kingdom of Israel and rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem. There is also the 2.00 patch that includes many things such as achievements and three other companion DLC that have also been released. Finally there is a lauch trailer which shows some of the new features in the Sons of Abraham DLC.
Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham Features Video.
Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
From store.steampowered.com: “Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham is the fifth expansion for the critically praised strategy/RPG. Gameplay focuses on the Abrahamic religions; Christianity, Islam and Judaism.” This DLC costs £7.99.
Crusader Kings II: Military Orders Unit Pack
“Crusader Kings II: Military Orders Unit Pack includes unique unit graphics for the Military Orders of the Christian faith. These new unit models, exclusively for the Christian Holy Orders, will enhance the visual experience of Crusader Kings II. This unit pack contains seven new unit models for any unit raised as a Christian Holy Order.” This DLC costs £1.59.
Crusader Kings II: Warriors of Faith Unit Pack
“Crusader Kings II: Warriors of Faith Unit Pack includes unique unit graphics for Holy Orders and Warriors of Faith for non-Christian religions such as the Muslims, Norse, Zoastrians and Azteks. A total of eleven new unit models enhances the visual experience of Crusader Kings II when raising holy orders of the non-Christian religions. This unit pack contains Aztec Eagle Warriors, Jomsvikings, Zoastrian Immortals, Bektashi and Hashashins and much more.” This DLC costs £0.99.
Crusader Kings II: Hymns of Abraham
“Crusader Kings II: Hymns of Abraham contains two new songs, totaling almost 15 minutes, created by the talented composer Andreas Waldetoft. These grand songs run while playing as characters of the Abrahamic religions to enhance the player’s experience and the atmosphere of the game.” This DLC costs £0.99.
Crusader Kings II Patch 2.00:
- Ironman mode
- Steam Achievements
- Religious (non-heretic) rebels
- Women can now die in childbirth, and there can be other complications, like illness and sickly infants
- Added a bottleneck logic to battles where the defender benefits from the surrounding terrain to make the opponent fight on his terms
- Being outflanked is now much more devastating, especially through the center or from two sides
- Support for the metaserver dropped.
More detailed patch notes can be read here.
I haven’t had a chance to try out any of the four new DLC’s or see the changes in the patch notes for myself but from what I researched it looks like Paradox Development Studios is making some needed changes to the base Crusader Kings II game. Expect plenty more DLC to come in the future.
Crusader Kings II is a good game, I highly recommend it.
Some of my other Crusader Kings II posts:
- New Crusader Kings II DLC for the Next Two Years.
- Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods DLC, Patch 1.09 and Three Other DLC’s are Now Available.
- Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Gameplay Trailer, Developer Diaries and Also Release Date.
- The Best Video Games of 2012 and Other Awards.
- Nine New Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods DLC Screenshots and Two Video Previews. Also 1.092 Patch Notes.
- Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods DLC Coming Soon. Also Trailer and Seven Concept Artwork.
- Crusader Kings II Patch 1.09, Patch 1.091 and Three New DLC’s are Available.
- Crusader Kings II Patch 1.07 and 1.08 are Now Available.
- Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam, African Unit Pack and Songs of the Caliph DLC is Now Available.
- Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam DLC Coming Soon.