Paradox Interactive announced in January the latest DLC for Crusader Kings II called The Old Gods would be out in early summer. Since then some new screenshots, videos and a patch have been released for this excellent strategy game.
(Click an image to see larger version).
Old Gods Highlights Part 1.
Old Gods Highlights Part 2.
- Added a Trade Post limit for patricians, based on palace upgrades and number of adult males in court.
- Family dues are now given only to adult males of your family in your court, and they all receive the same share.
- Patricians can no longer increase their Demesne limit with higher tier titles. However, the Doge gets +1.
- Patricians who imprison or banish someone now get a tyranny opinion penalty from everyone in the whole Republic.
- Patricians no longer confiscate gold from dynasty members that they banish.
- Doges can no longer use the Seize Trade Post plot.
- Patricians can now only use the Seize Trade Post plot on Patricians owning more Trade Posts than themselves.
- The Seize Trade Post plot now always costs a small amount of money to implement.
- The Holy War CB no longer works against too distant targets.
- Sieging will siege back your own holdings first.
- Tanistry electors are no longer de jure.
- The Windows version is now large address aware.
- Fix for crash on multiplayer game start on Windows 8.
- Fixed a bug where a vassal of a vassal who won a war against an outside state would become a vassal of that state.
- Several events, including those dealing with the creation of the Hansa, no longer require “The Republic” to trigger.
- Rewrote large parts of the tutorial to be up-to-date with current features.
- Fixed a problem in basic military tutorial that made it impossible to proceed past a certain stage.
- Fixed a problem in basic war tutorial that made it impossible to proceed past a certain stage.
- Fixed a crash in court view during observer mode.
- When determining what tier a character is for the purposes of marriage, the highest ranked non-republican ruler among their close relatives is now used (so the nephew of a King would count as King tier).
- Will no longer get prestige hits for marrying below your tier unless you marry more than one level below it (so a King would get a prestige hit for marrying a Countess but not a Duchess).
- AI now takes into account both tier prestige and dynastic prestige when responding to marriage offers.
- AI now takes into account prestige effects when selecting spouses for themselves and their relatives.
- The Prestige cost for breaking a truce is now much harsher; 50% of current Prestige + 200.
- You now get a -5 Diplo penalty for five years if you break a truce.
- Diplomacy View: The Piety and Prestige costs for declaring war no longer prevent you from selecting the action to see why.
More detailed patch notes can be read here.
Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods is looking like its going to be one of the best DLC released so far and giving all those pagan fans what they want. You can find out more about the game by reading my Crusader Kings II related posts below or by reading the Old Gods Developer Diary 1 and the Old Gods Developer Diary 2.
My other Crusader Kings II posts:
- Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods DLC Coming Soon. Also Trailer and Seven Concept Artwork.
- Crusader Kings II Patch 1.09, Patch 1.091 and Three New DLC’s are Available.
- Crusader Kings II Patch 1.07 and 1.08 are Now Available.
- Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam, African Unit Pack and Songs of the Caliph DLC is Now Available.
- Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam DLC Coming Soon.
- Crusader Kings II Ruler Designer DLC has been Announced.
- Video Games to Watch Out For in 2012 Part #1.
7 thoughts on “Nine New Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods DLC Screenshots and Two Video Previews. Also 1.092 Patch Notes”
Comments are closed.