An update to the excellent co-op game Magicka has been released. The update will be applied automatically if you have Magicka installed on your Steam client.
Patch 22.214.171.124 was released on the 26th October 2012.
Patch 126.96.36.199 notes:
- This update supports the new Dungeons & Daemons DLC
- Also added support for the upcoming Grimnir’s Laboratory, a Co-op challenge map with a twist that comes with new robes suitable for a magick labwork.
- Fixed an issue where health regen numbers showed even when at full health. Being more than fully alive is generally frowned upon in Midgård.
- Fixed an issue where the list of Magicks would give the wizards paper cuts and crash the game. Its edges have now been properly blunted as per Wizard Academy standards.
- Added some missing characters to certain fonts. Continuing our commitment to offering characters to all fonts everywhere.
- Fixed a pathfinding crash. Took us a bit, but we found it.
- Fixed disappearing boss Vlad. Turns out he was just at the bar up the street.
- Fixed a crash when killing frozen Khan (and possibly other bosses). KHAAAAAAN!
- Fixed camera issue when being revived by the fairy. Fairies weren’t previously aware of auto-focus.
- Fixed NPC spellcaster AI sometimes freezing up. After taking some public speaking classes, though, the NPC finally warmed up.
- Mobs are now able to spawn their own kind upon death. That sounds kinda gross, actually.
- Added some new functionality to scene scripts. Scene scripts run. Run, scripts, run!
- Reduced the physical damage resistance of Enraged Goblin Warlocks. Let’s face it, Warlocks sound all-powerful but they’re really just a bunch of pansies.
- Fixed a localization crash. Que haya sido reparado.
- Fixed a crash with the Performance Enchantment magick. Talk to your doctor first.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when firing a water projectile during a level transition. That’ll show those pesky levels who’s boss around here.
- Fixed an issue with collision checks that resulted in multiple fall damage. Large Hadron Collider consulted, collisions now in check.
- Fixed certain lights being removed when restarting a scene. Disco disco, good good.
- Fixed scores being inconsistent between client and host in challenges. Issues resolved with just a couple trust falls.
- Fixed script delays being reset when restarting a challenge level. No more delays, the movie will finally be coming out soon.
- Fixed element icons getting stuck highlighted when disabled (as in Elemental Roulette). Now if we could only get our car’s dome light to turn off.
- Fixed a crash where players were gripped during level transition. Now they’ll just be gripped in anticipation, amirite?!
- General stability improvements.
My other Magicka posts:
- Small Magicka Update Released.
- Paradox Interactive Announce Magicka: The Other Side of the Coin. Also Three Concept Artwork.
- Steam Sale: Save 75% on Magicka Collection.
- Magicka: The Stars are Left Announced.
- Steam Sale: Save 50% on Magicka Complete Pack.
- Magicka: Vietnam Now Available.
- Magicka: Vietnam Out 12th April.
- Magicka: Vietnam Trailer and Patch #11.
- Magicka Magicks Guide [Updated!!].