A new patch for Torchlight II was released a few days ago and fixes many things in the game and changes how some of the things work in Torchlight II. If you are on Steam the patch will automatically download straightaway.
Patch 22.214.171.124 was released on 05th October 2012.
- Shared stash now creates a backup of itself.
- You can no longer ‘steal’ items from your buyback tab by closing the window with Spacebar.
- Can’t drag merchant items onto the buyback tab.
- Gambler does not show ‘can’t equip’ X.
- CTRL-M will instantly toggle map visibility.
- Pet equipment cannot get sockets from enchantment.
- Fixed rare crash related to Charming a monster.
- Multiplayer logging is reduced, and can be disabled with the NEVERLOG console command (may improve performance for some clients).
- Creating a player in a difficulty other than Normal, directly joining a game, and then exiting, won’t revert your stored difficulty to Normal.
- Confirmation box added for quitting without saving.
- Fixed a few rare hardware related crashes.
- Particle update optimizations.
- Various rendering optimizations.
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer where non-killing MP players did not receive appropriate XP falloff due to level delta.
- Armor Degrade properties now apply properly – degrade armor values were reduced for newly generated item properties to compensate for them working correctly – but don’t worry, they will be better than before.
- Zero walkspeed monsters won’t attempt to jump down.
- Fixed some display issues with Fame level progress.
- Wandering (non-town-based) Enchanters have a slightly better range of enchantment strengths. They also now have an approximately 20% chance to get a ‘powerful enchantment’, which are about 50% better than normal. This is represented by a sound and text message in game.
- Swamp Flier scream debuff will show an appropriate name on debuff icon.
- Creep squish blood now has a censored version.
- Fixed a few areas where loot from a specific event spawned publicly.
- Fixed a few spelling errors.
- Act 4 banner should properly display.
- Pets can be sent to town from the last 2 boss rooms.
- Fixed an issue where occasionally an errant MOUSEUP event could ignore your attack in extremely fast click situations.
- DOTs now correctly calculate bonuses from +DMG%.
- XP and Fame %bonuses from gear are now capped at +/- 100%.
- HP bonus gear will properly be reflected in final health of player to other clients post-zoning.
- Game can be saved at any time from the options menu.
- Onscreen notification in bottom right of screen when saving takes place.
- Console-created items now have an effect that displays that they were cheat-created.
- Damage reduction effects on the player are capped to 75%.
- Stat expenditures when leveling up are properly synchronized in multiplayer.
- When leveling up, your health is properly recalculated on other clients.
- Skill cycle keys can now be bound to mouse buttons.
- Transmuted items are no longer destroyed if an inventory is full with no place to accept them.
- Berserkers are still targetable while performing Savage Rush.
- Bramble walls and Ice Prison will properly die offscreen, and if the originator leaves the zone.
- Battle Standard’s properties are properly exclusive (they don’t stack).
- Fixed charged versions of Fire Bash from levels 9-15 using the incorrect effects (weaker when charged!).
- Howl duration fixed (Extended).
- Berserker Wolf Shade master healing property was reduced from 5%+5% per rank to 5% + 2% per rank – and the first rank properly provides healing.
- Vortex Hex won’t target smashables.
- Fixed two ranks of Seismic Slam incorrectly doing electrical damage.
- Glaive Throw has had a damage nerf (25% reduction in max damage and decreased growth per rank ) with less additional bounces per tier.
- Elemental attunement properly benefits from owner’s level.
- Elemental Boon should properly speed up cast time on last rank.
- Shadowbind should properly rank up duration.
- Blast Cannon’s armor reduction effect no longer stacks and works for both fire and physical damage.
- Fixed sped up hitframe for male shield skill anim so that it is never skipped when a subsequent skill is queued.
- Outlander Long Range Mastery should now affect wands as well.
- Prismatic Bolt gains charge at half the previous rate.
- Spider Mines should show debuff icons.
- Spider Mine summon duration fixed.
- Shadowling procs from wand chaos or weapon affixes properly last 20 seconds instead of 3.
- Elemental Attunement shouldn’t attack smashables.
- Tremor rank 6 should properly perform its charged effect.
- Immobilization Copter damage effect shouldn’t stomp on other damage effects.
- Berserker Retaliation can only trigger once per second per given target – and no longer procs/leeches.
- Rapid Fire and Venomous Hail now use DPS instead of Damage.
- Fixed some issues with Grom’s arena in multiplayer when another player speaks to the NPC while the main area is completed.
- Several boss rooms have had structural changes to make it more difficult to cheese them with certain skills.
- Various minor level scripting or layout repairs.
- Fixed farmable Gel phasebeast room so that XP gain isn’t overblown.
- Fixed various other farmable phasebeast unitspawners which incorrectly granted XP.
- Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck.
- Fixed a case where backlog of messages for resend would escalate and disconnect the client.
- Friends-only games are fixed to synch correctly across lobbies.
- Fixes for various serverside issues.
- Erroneous ‘Connection Failed’ messages should be fixed.
- Games can now be filtered near your level.
- Many wardrobe tweaks and fixes.
- Various alterations were made to better support translated versions of the game, and to detect and deal with other language items during trading.
My other Torchlight II related posts: