World of Warcraft patch 5.0.4 has been available for a few days now and it adds quite a few good new features to Blizzard Entertainment’s MMORPG.
Patch 5.0.4 highlights:
- New Talent System:
The World of Warcraft talent system has been redesigned to allow for unique core ability and specialisation choices.
- Class Changes:
Many changes to character classes, including an array of new spells and abilities.
Glyphs have been redesigned to be more specialized, while offering players fun and cosmetic customization options.
- Account-wide Mounts, Pets, and Achievements:
Players now have access to most mounts, pets, and achievements they have earned across all their characters under one Battle.net account.
- Area of Effect (AoE) Looting:
Looting can be done on multiple enemies as once.
- Theramore’s Fall Scenario:
The first two Scenarios (one for Horde and one for Alliance) will be available for players to take on shortly before launch.
- Cross-Realm Zones:
Cross-realm zones are a new technology enabling players to meet up and group with other players in underpopulated areas of the game world.
- BattleTag Support:
Your BattleTag is a permanent, non-unique, account-wide nickname that serves as your identity when staying connected to other players using Battle.net’s powerful social features.
The patch is pretty good and for anyone who knows they will be playing the Mists of Pandaria should try it out before the new expansion launches next month. This is because the features in the patch are some of the main changes introduced by the new expansion, this way you will save time on day one without having to mess with talents and such.
My other World of Warcraft posts:
- World of Warcraft: All Races Will Be Available For Free Even Without Future Expansions.
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Opening Cinematic.
- World of Warcraft Patch 5.0.4 Notes and Release Date.
- World of Warcraft Mega Bloks Figures are Now Available in Shops. Also Seven Pictures of the Figures.
- World of Warcraft Has Lost Over a Million Subscribers Since May 2012.
- World of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria Pre-Purchase and Release Date Now Available.
- World of Warcraft: Children’s Week Guide (2012).
- Detailed World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Information; Zones, Races, New Continent and More.
- What to Expect in World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria.
- Nineteen World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Screenshots.
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Preview Trailer.