The Killing Floor Summer Sideshow event has returned bigger and better than before. All the Summer Sideshow monsters are back which are re-skins of the orignal enemies from the game. They have also added a new map (Hellride), nine new achievements, five new weapons and five new playable DLC characters.
Steampunk Mr Foster can now be unlocked again for the duration of the event and the new DLC pack is called the Urban Nightmare crew.
A standalone character Harold Lott has also been released. It is “a tribute to the whole Loadsamoney generation and bastion of 1980s taste” which allows you to leave a trail of cash on the floor.
The character is basically based on the great Harry Enfield character “Loadsamoney” which he did as a act before doing the Harry Enfield’s Television Programme which later became called Harry Enfield and Chums.
Killing Floor Summer Sideshow 2012 trailer:
Loadsamoney music video:
For some reason the Loadsamoney music video still feels relevant today in this current financial climate.
Summer Sideshow Event Details
- Free for everyone that owns Killing Floor – Auto downloaded through Steam.
- All new level – Hellride – Experience heaven and hell as you follow the course of this doomed carnival ride.
- All creatures in-game replaced with freak-shows themed monsters including Pukey the Clown and his side-kick, the Fleshclown.
- Sixteen new Summer Sideshow achievements return only for the duration of the event.
- Nine all new achievements added.
- Five new official weapons – The IJC community weapon pack has been polished up and made an official part of the game.
- “Steampunk Mr Foster” playable character Unlockable again for the duration of the event.
- New DLC Character Pack – “Urban Nightmare”.
- Killing Floor was
£14.99is now currently £7.49.
“Killing Floor is a Co-op Survival Horror FPS set in the devastated cities and countryside of England after a series of cloning experiments for the military goes horribly wrong. You and your friends are members of the military dropped into these locations with a simple mission: Survive long enough to cleanse the area of the failed experiments!”
- Killing Floor – Urban Nightmare Character Pack is currently £1.49.
“The “Urban Nightmare” Character Pack adds 4 more new and unique playable characters for Killing Floor as Downloadable Content. Once you have bought the pack, they will become selectable in the character selection screen in-game.”
- Killing Floor – Harold Lott Character Pack is currently £2.99 (basically paying real money for fake in-game money).
“After all the fun we’ve had over the years listening to people shouting “Money, Money, Money” in-game, we thought it only fitting to both pay homage to, and parody all that was wonderful about the boom years of the 1980s. We introduce to you… Harold Lott! And, being the kind people that we are, with this particular DLC, we’ve added the inbuilt and innate ability to leave a trail of dosh behind you as you charge around the map! DOSH!”
The Summer Sideshow Event event only runs from 5th July to 23rd July and more can found out about it here.
My other Killing Floor posts: