Microsoft have announced that the My Xbox Live app for iPhone has been updated. The update will let users “find, learn more about, and control your favorite content from popular entertainment services on Xbox 360. You can control the content on your console with play, pause, fast forward and rewind controls directly from your iPhone.”
“The new Discover section will let you find fresh entertainment through your phone to play on your console. You can also access on your phone a quick list of your most recent console activity.”
My Xbox Live application is now available on Android phones. It allows users “to read and send messages to friends; manage your friends list and invite new friends; read and edit your full Live profile (name, bio, motto); change your avatar features and items with the avatar closet; and view and compare your achievement progress with friends.” From majornelson.com.
Example Screenshots (not mine):
Updates coming to iOS:
- Discover fresh content (iPhone).
- Connect to and control content on your Xbox 360 (iPhone).
- Improved authentication (iPad).
- Retina display support (iPad).
My Xbox Live app for Android phones will:
- View, manage, and message friends.
- View and compare your achievement progress with friends.
- Read and Edit your full Live profile (name, bio, motto).
- See your 3-D Avatar and customize it while on-the-go.
- Access your recent activity and manage your Beacons.
- Stay connected to the Xbox Live community via Spotlight.
Microsoft also intends to bring Xbox SmartGlass to several platforms sometime in the future.