Skyrim is getting a new patch and its first official DLC so I thought I would put together everything you need to know about The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard. Goodie!
- Links to full Vampire Lord and Werewolf perk trees. Also a link to all shouts in Skyrim and the Dawnguard DLC.
- Ten new screenshots.
To go to a particular topic quicker do Ctrl+F then type in the numbers in brackets. For example to see information about the factions in Dawnguard do Ctrl+F then type in [3.2]. Simples.
- Dawnguard DLC Trailer 
- Dawnguard DLC Beta 
- Detailed Dawnguard DLC information 
– Storyline [3.1]
– Factions [3.2]
– Perk trees [3.3]
– Character customisation [3.4]
– Combat [3.5]
– Oblivion plane [3.6]
– Creatures [3.7]
– Shouts [3.8]
- Dawnguard DLC Screenshots 
- Patch 1.6 Notes 
Dawnguard DLC Trailer 
Dawnguard is the first game add-on for Skyrim. Dawnguard will be available for download for 1600 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE this summer.
Dawnguard DLC Beta 
Visit here to apply to take part in the beta. The process should only take a couple of minutes, but make sure to fill out all the information accurately. Applicants need a registered account on the official forums.
Successful applicants will be selected soon. Players accepted into the beta will receive an Xbox LIVE code to redeem Dawnguard. The beta is the full version with achievements so those participating will not have to purchase the content again when it is realeased.
Detailed Dawnguard DLC information 
Joining forces with Harkon allows the Dragonborn to become a Vampire Lord. The transformation process works similar to Lycanthropy and grants the player access to unique powers. Powers such as Vampiric Grip which suspends an enemy in the air with telekinesis as their health is slowly drained. Other powers include hovering above the ground and transforming into a group bats.
Similar to Lycanthropy people will attack a Vampire Lord on sight, however this will no longer happen if the Dragonborn is a regular vampire. However unlike werewolf transformations, the vampire form can be exited at will.
Joining the vampires grants the player access to Castle Volkihar which an island stronghold that not only serves as a base but grants bonuses to vampiric powers and gives blood potions, which heal and count towards vampiric feeding.
Joining Dawnguard grants the Dragonborn access to Fort Dawnguard. The benefits of joining the Dawnguard include various new weapons and armor to fight vampires, including crossbows.
Perk trees [3.3]
Dawnguard introduces two new trees: Vampirism and Lycanthropy. Rather than spending points to add perks as in the original game, perks are now gained by killing enemies with the new powers. This will allow all characters to obtain new perks that would otherwise be very hard to get considering how the original perk system works.
See more about the Vampirism tree here: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard, Vampire Lord Perk Tree Sample.
The Lycanthropy skill tree includes perks such as Animal Vigor, Savage Feeding and Totem of the Moon which summons ally werewolves with a howl.
See full perk trees for both the Vampire Lord and Werewolf here: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard Vampire Lord Perks and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard Werewolf Perks.
Character customisation [3.4]
Dawnguard adds a new character in The Ratways of Riften who can alter the Dragonborn’s appearance. Race and gender can’t be altered but other facial features can be changed.
Dawnguard introduces new additions to both ranged and melee combat such as crossbows. They will remain loaded and provide a quicker shot than bows but are slower to reload than bows. Each crossbow shot has a chance to stagger an opponent. All of the perks spent in Archery skill tree will share with crossbows. Dragonbone weapons will be added.
Mounted combat is also included, which allows the Dragonborn to fight on horseback with a variety of weapons, but not spells.
New shouts will be included such as Soul Tear, which allows the Dragonborn to steal the soul of an enemy and raise their soul as an undead minion.
Oblivion plane [3.6]
A plane of Oblivion known as Soul Cairn, a realm of trapped souls will be a new location that can be visited in Dawnguard. It can be accessed via a portal.
New enemies such as Gargoyles, Death Hounds, and Armored Trolls and Legendary Dragons are the new maximum level Dragon class.
There are new shouts in Dawnguard. See the full shout list here: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Shout Locations [Updated!!!].
Dawnguard DLC Screenshots 
Click an image below to see large version.
Patch 1.6 Notes 
Skyrim newest patch will feature mounted combat, Kinect support (360) and new kill cameras. PC players can currently test out the patch while everyone else will have to wait for it official release.
- Mounted Combat – Skyrim now allows you to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horse.
- General stability and memory optimizations.
- General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes.
- Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks.
- Fixed rare crash with lighting.
- Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games.
- Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs.
- Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted.
- Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played.
- Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon.
- Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly.
- Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up.
- Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly.
- Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly.
- In “The Break of Dawn” fixed rare issue where Meridia’s Beacon would disappear from player’s inventory.
- Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a bounty after committing a crime.
- Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly.
- Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly.
- Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater.
- Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).
- Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).
- Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).
My other Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim posts:
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patch 1.5 is Now Available on Steam.
- Rumor: Bethesda Softworks Making a Elder Scrolls MMO.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patch 1.4.27 is Available on Steam.
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Books #10 Words of Clan Mother Ahnissi.
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Books #09 A Game at Dinner.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Books.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Diseases.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dragon Priest Mask Locations.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Achievements.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Shout Locations.