The multiplayer Napoleonic Wars DLC for Mount & Blade Warband which I mentioned last month is now available on Steam. It costs £7.99 which is quite a lot for a piece of DLC which could easily be a free mod.
Go here to read my thoughts on the DLC.
From Paradoxplaza: “Paradox Interactive today announced the release of an all-new DLC to Mount & Blade: Warband for the PC. Entitled Napoleonic Wars, the DLC brings the brutal real-time combat of Mount & Blade to 19th Century Europe, presenting players with the opportunity to re-fight the final years of the Napoleonic Wars as any of five historical superpowers, using more than 220 unique military units. With a wide range of soldiers at their command, from artillery and engineers all the way to battlefield musicians, aspiring tacticians and combatants can engage in epic multiplayer mayhem with up to 250 players at once. Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars is available now for $9.99.”
Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars features:
- Massive multiplayer battles with up to 250 players.
- 5 nations with more than 220 unique units to choose from, with accurate early 19th century weapons and uniforms.
- A wide range of artillery pieces ranging from field cannons to mortars, capable of firing explosive shells and rockets – all fully controllable by players.
- Barricades, trenches, and explosives via the multi-purpose Engineer class.
- Special musician units with drums, fifes, bagpipes or trumpets, able to play historically accurate tunes; all recorded and played by award winning musicians.
- Lead squads of soldiers against each other in the new commander battle mode.
- More than 40 classical background music tracks.
My other Mount & Blade: Warband posts: