Tribes: Ascend has been updated with a new Arena map “Walled In”, “Three new weapons and two new skins” for the Infiltrator class. Various other improvements have also been made.
For more information about this update go here:
The game is in open beta which means anyone can now play and try out the game for free.
Patch 0.1.865.0 was deployed on Tuesday 27th March 2012.
Tribes Beta Version 0.1.865.0 Patch Notes:
- Three new weapons and two new skins have been added to the Infiltrator class.
- A new Arena map, Walled In, has been added to the Quick Play rotation.
- Several additional HUD features have been implemented, including:
- Flag status (who is carrying the flag and timer until flag reset).
- Friend Notifications when players come online/go offline.
- Three new weapons added for Infiltrator:
- Jackal: The Jackal fires up to three rounds that stick to any surface, and are remote triggered for detonation.
- Throwing Knives: Throwing Knives deal impressive damage on a direct hit, and have a small splash damage radius.
- Smoke Grenade: Instantly vanish without waiting the normal reveal time from taking damage or firing a weapon. In addition, remain in stealth for 2 seconds even if you take damage. Firing a weapon will still break stealth.
- Adjusted visual style on Infiltrator’s Prism Mines to be more in line with other mines and harder to detect at long range.
- Fixed an issue where Shrike’s were not taking damage from bullet projectiles at certain angles and locations.
- Added improved proximity checking for deployables to prevent the Doombringer’s force field from covering the flag when placed at certain angles and locations.
- Pathfinder’s Bolt Launcher projectile now detonates after 6 seconds of flight, reduced to match that of the Heavy Bolt Launcher and Spinfusor type weapons.
- Direct-hit damage bonus reduced by roughly 4% on Pathfinder’s Bolt launcher.
- Increased knock-back from Pathfinder’s Light Spinfusor by approx. 10% (now matches the Bolt Launcher).
- Increased damage fall-off on Sentinel’s BXT1 Sniper Rifle. Falloff range is 33% more aggressive, and the maximum falloff amount was increased 5%.
- Improved the targeting of Call-In’s when targeting terrain.
- If a player jump/jets while already going faster in the Z axis than the jump would set, the jump no longer resets the Z-axis velocity. This fixes an issue in which a jump/jet could slow your momentum unintentionally.
- Additional work has been done to eliminate some “deadstops” while skiing/jetting. Please report any remaining situations in which you stop movement suddenly and unexpectedly while skiing.
- The current match is now hidden from the scoreboard when players are at the Team Selection screen. A future patch will hide additional information.
- A variety of cleanups have been made to several maps.
- Implemented a change intended to fix a situation in which hit/damage numbers would be delayed in appearing. Please report if you still see this issue..
- Fixed an issue that would cause the flag to fall through the world in some conditions.
- Fixed an issue where the Brute’s Nova Colt could lose texture resolution at high speeds
- A variety of backend server work has been done in preparation for future functionality.
- Damage numbers from your turret may appear over reticule where not expected.
My other Tribes: Ascend posts:
- Tribes: Ascend Guides.
- Tribes: Ascend Beginner’s Guide.
- Tribes: Ascend Accolades Guide.
- Tribes: Ascend Cloak & Dagger Update Coming Soon.
- Tribes: Ascend Release Date and Parody Trailer.
- Tribes: Ascend Open Beta Version 0.1.848.0 Patch Notes.
- Tribes: Ascend Open Beta Version 0.1.809.0 Patch Notes.
- Tribes: Ascend Open Beta Version 0.1.789.1 Patch Notes.
- Tribes: Ascend Open Beta Starts Today with New Modes and Maps. Shazbot! [Updated!].