Valve Corporation have launched its annual Summer sale today (I told you it would). Like many of the sales on Steam, most of their games on the service will be discounted. There are flash sales where community will be able to vote on what game should be given a massive discount every eight hours and there are also sales on publisher catalogs and much more. Also worth mentioning is that many new games have had Steam Trading Cards added to them.
The Steam Summer Sale will last from 11th July 2013 to 22nd July 2013.
Today’s Daily Deals Include:
- Bioshock franchise is 50% to 75% off.
- Endless Space is 66% off. Was
- Antichamber is 66% off. Was
- Hotline Miami is 75% off. Was
- Scribblenauts Unlimited is 75% off. Was
- Don’t Starve is 40% off. Was
- Defiance is 66% off. Was
- Toki Tori 2+ is 34% off. Was
- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is 33% off. Was
- Left 4 Dead Franchise is 75% off.
Can only buy one game today?
Then buy: Hotline Miami is 75% off. Was
£6.99 now £1.74.
How to I earn Steam Summer Getaway trading cards?
From store.steampowered.com: “Normally you would start a trading card set by playing a game. Since in this case the sale itself is the game, here are the ways you can get Summer Getaway cards:”
Craft a game badge
Starting 3rd July, crafting a game badge earned you a “mystery card” rather than a coupon. These mystery cards are now Summer Getaway cards. So if you crafted a badge in the last week, you’re already ahead of the game. During the sale, each game badge you craft will get you a Summer Getaway trading card.
Make a purchase
As an additional reward for purchasing, for every $10 USD spent during the sale you’ll get a Summer Getaway trading card.
Vote in the Community’s Choice
If you’re Steam Level 5 and above, you’ll get a card every third time you vote for the Community’s Choice Flash Sale.
Trade for them
Make trades with your friends.
Buy them from the Community Market
Sell the cards you don’t need and buy the ones you do with other Steam Community members. If you aren’t interested in badge-crafting, you can also turn the cards into Steam Wallet funds to buy more games.
What do I get when I craft a badge?
Crafting the Summer Getaway badge (and other game badges) earns you tradable items like emoticons to use in chats or discussions and backgrounds to use on your profile. You can collect the set of cards five times to level up your Summer Getaway badge and earn more items. Each time you craft a badge you also earn XP which progresses you towards the next Steam Level.
There will be a lot of quality games to choose from each day and there will also be plenty of deals to be had with the publisher packs so like always if there’s some games you had your eyes on then the next two weeks is a better time than ever to get them. However I wouldn’t go crazy buying everything especially if you don’t have the time or will hardly play a certain game. For example a cool game might only cost a few pounds but if you never play it then it’s still a waste of a few pounds.
Some of my other Steam Sale related posts:
- Steam Summer Sale 2013: Starts Tomorrow.
- Steam Holiday Sale 2012 – Day Eight, Nine and Ten Deals are Available.
- Steam Holiday Sale 2012 – Day Five, Six and Seven Deals are Available.
- Steam Holiday Sale 2012 – Day Four Deals are Available.
- Steam Holiday Sale 2012 – Day Two and Three Deals are Available.
- Steam Holiday Sale 2012 – Day One Deals are Available.
- Steam: Halloween Sale 2012 has Started.
- Steam Quakecon Sale: Final Day Deals are Available.
- Steam Quakecon Sale: Day Three Deals are Available.