Trion Worlds the developers of Rift have released Update 2.2 in line with the games second anniversary. To celebrate the anniversary they are bringing back the Carnival of the Ascended. Where you can try out two new Carnival games, take part in special carnival zone events where you can collect festive hats, new mounts, and unique pets. You can also obtain Planar Attunement Tier 3 or PvP Planar Attunement Tier 2 and play the new Steppes of Infinity zone event.
Rift: Storm Legion 2.2: Carnival of the Ascended Trailer.
RIFT Update 2.2 Patch Notes:
- Happy second anniversary, RIFT! The Carnival of the Ascended returns to celebrate the first appearance of the Ascended in Telara.
- Introducing Planar Attunement Tier 3 and Planar Attunement of War Tier 2! The Planar Attunement level cap has increased to 1079.
- New Crafting daily quests for harvesting professions! Butchering, Foraging, and Mining now have Daily quests available for all skill levels.
- Four Storm Legion Raid bosses now come in Hardmode flavor! You may voluntarily trigger hardmodes of Gelidra, Artifex Zaviel, Progenitor Saetos, and Kain the Reaper for additional challenges and new Achievements.
- Two new Dimensions are available for you to get your design on! Auditorium Carnos Plaza and Kestrel’s Cry Ravine can be purchased from Dimension merchants in Tempest Bay, and Kestrel’s Cry Ravine is additionally available in Sanctum and Meridian.
Carnival of the Ascended
- The Carnival is in town – check out Sanctum, Meridian, Shimmersand, and the new location in Tempest bay for ongoing celebrations!
- This year brings new carnival games, new zone events, and a new alternate-mode Warfront to play!
- Prizes to obtain include a new mount, new costume helmets, dragon balloon companion pets, and dimension items.
- Since we heard people like companion pets, we gave a balloon pet to a Fluffy pet so your pet can follow you while being followed by a pet – these can be bought with Favor and Carnival tickets on the event merchants!
- The Carnival-themed RIFT Mobile scratcher has also made its return!
- Augment Wardstone and Bless Wardstone abilities have been replaced by Nexus Infusion, which is now granted to all characters. Wardstones that were previously upgraded using these abilities now work with Nexus Infusion instead.
- Characters now start with a skill of 1 in Fishing and Survival. Existing characters who don’t already have these skills will gain the base 1 point on next login.
- Cache Finder guild perk now works with Infinity Stones, Frozen Eclipse Stones, and Empyrean Stones.
- Guild Perk: Planar Knowledge: Now gives the proper PA experience bonus at higher ranks.
- Falling from a great height once again plays the impact animation and sound effects, but still has no damage applied.
- Increased kill counts for guild PvP quests, but reduced the number of Warfront victories required.
- Fixed a chat channel bug where players on PvE shards could get permanently stuck in chat channels for PvP shards. You can now use /leave to quit those channels!
- The recent Fae Yule items have been added to the World Event merchants in Sanctum and Meridian!
Read full patch notes here.
Anniversary subscriber bonuses:
From 21st March to 4th April subscribers will receive the following 20% increases in:
- Guild XP.
- Normal Kill XP or Planar Attunement (depending on character level).
- Dungeon currency.
- Zone Event currency.
Also people might want to check out the special play-for-free event which runs from 21st March to 25th March.
My other Rift: Planes of Telara posts: