Paradox Interactive announced last month during their Paradox Convention that a new expansion was being made for the strategy game Crusader Kings II. Its called The Old Gods and looks to give people what they have been requesting for a long time and that is playable pagan characters. Its manly focusing on the Vikings and will feature an earlier game start date.
From paradoxplaza.com: “The fourth expansion for the critically praised strategy/RPG, finally enables you to play as a Pagan or Zoroastrian ruler, with particular focus on the dreaded Vikings and their tradition of pillage and adventure. Crusader Kings II explores one of the defining periods in world history in an experience crafted by Paradox Development Studio, the masters of Strategy. Medieval Europe comes to life in this game of knights, schemes and thrones.”
Crusader Kings II The Old Gods Teaser Trailer.
- Play as a Pagan chieftain and ravage your weak neighbors. If you remain at peace for too long, your people will grow restless.
- New special start date in 867 AD: The Viking Rurik has founded the kingdom of Rus and the Great Heathen Army under the sons of Ragnar Lodbrok rampages through England.
- Play as a Zoroastrian lord and restore your ancient religion to prominence.
- Adventurers: Landless characters can gather armies and go off to carve out new realms on their own.
- Prepared Invasions: Declare your intention to invade and watch your armies grow with adventurers and restless warriors, but don’t wait too long to start your war or it might all fall apart…
- Rebels with a Cause: Rebels are no longer a faceless menace – they are now led by characters with agendas.
- Loot and pillage provinces. Burn down their cities and take their gold!
- Sacrifice to Odin at the great Blot!
- Christians and Muslims can dispatch missions to convert the depraved heathens.
- New beautiful Pagan interface skin.
- New events and decisions: berserkers, sejdr, curses, omens, divinations, runestones and much more.
I am looking forward to this expansion as all the DLC for Crusader Kings II has been worth getting so far. The game is like a mini MMO with constant updates and new DLC which I enjoy. It makes a change to other companies who just abandon their games when they get released.
My other Crusader Kings II posts:
- Crusader Kings II Patch 1.09, Patch 1.091 and Three New DLC’s are Available.
- Crusader Kings II Patch 1.07 and 1.08 are Now Available.
- Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam, African Unit Pack and Songs of the Caliph DLC is Now Available.
- Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam DLC Coming Soon.
- Crusader Kings II Ruler Designer DLC has been Announced.
- Video Games to Watch Out For in 2012 Part #1.