Low key video game developer Full Control ApS have recently earned the rights and announced a new Space Hulk video game. Space Hulk is one of the classic Games Workshop board games that sees a group of Space Marine Terminators battle against a horde of Genestealers down claustrophobic corridors and small rooms in the games titular flying ‘Space Hulks’ which are flying derelict starships, asteroids, and other assorted space junk drifting in and out of the Warp.
From games-workshop.com: “You take command of a strike force of Blood Angels Terminators as they make their way through the close confines of the Space Hulk – Sin of Damnation. It’s a turn-based game that emulates the look and feel of the board game, but with full 3D animation. Genestealers lurk menacingly while the Terminators use their action points, bolter rounds tear down corridors in overwatch cut-scenes and whole sections of corridor are set alight as the heavy flamer hoses them down.”
For anyone who has played any of the previous Space Hulk games whether the actual board game versions or the video game versions will know what to expect. I am surprised a basically unknown video game developer can get the rights to a popular franchise so easily. The Space Hulk name much not mean much these days or Games Workshop don’t care much about it. This game surely can’t be too revolutionary seeing as its being made by a small team and is coming to iOS devices which makes me worried.
Space Hulk Announcement Trailer.
Currently THQ and Relic do Warhammer 40,000 via the Dawn of War games and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, The Creative Assembly do Warhammer fantasy with unknown games and now Full Control ApS does Warhammer 40,000 with the Space Hulk franchise and BioWare Mythic have Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and Wrath of Heroes. You think there be more Warhammer games out there at the moment but there isn’t surprisingly.
Space Hulk features:
- Blood Angel terminator squad.
- Fearsome Genestealers with challenging AI.
- Thematic 3D environment.
- Single player campaign based on the “Sin of Damnation” hulk.
- New coop multiplayer levels against the Genestealer AI.
- Multiplayer head-to-head recreating the board game experience against a friend.
- Cross platform multiplayer between PC, Mac and iOS.
- Level editor with ability to share creations.
- Game expansions in the future as DLC.
I am looking forward to the new Space Hulk game and I hope it’s not just a flashier version of the old games and they actually create something original. I doubt they will but we can always hope they do. The features so far for the game are quite impressive thought.
The game will playable in single player and feature multiplayer cross-platform play between PC, Mac and on iOS.
The game has to be better than the NetHulk, QSpacehulk or of course the Alien Assault games to stand a chance of being good seeing as they are completely free-to-play and fully moddable.
Space Hulk should be coming out next year on PC, Mac and iOS.
Some of my other opinions:
- Spike Video Game Awards 2012 Winners and My Quick Thoughts on Award Ceremonies.
- Twenty New Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots and The Second Trailer. Also My Thoughts on The Games Potential.
- Assassin’s Creed Anthology is Out Soon. Also My Thoughts on What is Cheaper Digital or Physical?.
- The Walt Disney Company Now Owns Lucasfilm with New Star Wars Episode VII in Three Years. Also My Thoughts.
- Hotline Miami and First Update is Available. Also Three Trailers and Some of My Thoughts on The Game.
- My Opinion: Star Wars The Old Republic Subscriptions Plummet and is Now Going Free-To-Play.
- My Opinion: In Minecraft all Animals are Homosexuals and Why its Hard to Make Genderless Games and Films.
- My Opinion: OUYA a Glorified Smart Phone for Under £70 is Storming Kickstarter.
- My Opinion: Final Fantasy VII PC Re-Release Announced, Trailer and Twelve Screenshots.
8 thoughts on “New Space Hulk Video Game Announced and My Thoughts”
Comments are closed.