This a guide for the currently ongoing Hallow’s End event. The Hallow’s End achievements and the meta achievement “Hallowed Be Thy Name” are part of the “What A Long, Strange Trip It’s Been” achievement which requires players to complete all event achievements in World of Warcraft. If you manage this you will get a “Violet Proto-Drake” mount.
The Hallow’s End event runs from 18th October to 31st October 2012.
Use Ctrl+F and then type in for example [BRI] to see more information about the various rewards for killing the Headless Horseman and what is required for the Bring Me The Head of …Oh Wait achievement.
- The Savior of Hallow’s End [SAV]
- That Sparkling Smile [SPA]
- The Masquerade [MAS]
- G.N.E.R.D. Rage [RAG]
- Tricks and Treats of Azeroth [AZE]
- Out With It [OUT]
- Rotten Hallow [ROT]
- Check Your Head [CHE]
- Sinister Calling [CAL]
- Bring Me The Head of …Oh Wait [BRI]
- Trick or Treat! [TRI]
- A Mask for All Occasions (optional) [MAS]
- Rewards [REW]
The Savior of Hallow’s End [SAV]
Is quite an easy one or not depending on how early in the event you do it similar to the Brewfest “Down With The Dark Iron”. The recently added Cross-Realm Zones feature will likely make it a lot easier however good places are normally Goldshire (Alliance) and Falconwing Square (Horde). However a guaranteed place to do it basically alone is Azure Watch (Alliance) and again Falconwing Square (Horde).
Level 10 villages, Goldshire, Kharanos, Azure Watch or Dolanaar for the Alliance, and Brill, Razor Hill, Falconwing Square or Bloodhoof Village for the Horde are attacked every 15 minutes by the Headless Horseman who will set some of the buildings on fire, you will know when because he likes to shout about it a lot. Talk to the visiting Orphan Matron for the daily quest and then help put out the flames.
You do this by filling your water bucket at the nearby water barrel. Fill up run where there’s a fire and use the bucket on the fire. You get a targeting circle so you can aim at the flames easier. Keeping doing that until the flames are all out. It is possible to fail in the task and you will know when this happens because the “Headless Horseman” will shout about victory and the rest of the flames will turn dark and go out.
That Sparkling Smile [SPA]
Pretty simple to do as there two ways to acquire the “Tooth Pick” you need. They are random drops from the “Handful of Treats” you get from candy buckets in inns for “Tricks and Treats of Azeroth” You can also buy a Tooth Pick for two “Tricky Treats” from holiday vendors, “Dorothy” (Alliance) or “Chub” (Horde). Once you have a “Tooth Pick” right-click it on it to use.
The Masquerade [MAS]
You can get wands as a random reward from “Handful of Treats” in candy buckets or you can buy them from vendors for two “Tricky Treats” each. However you can’t use the wand on yourself. You are going to have get your friends and other groupies to use them on you. You will normally see other players trading wand transformations through trade channel and other means. People may charge for it which shouldnt be a problem to most players.
G.N.E.R.D. Rage [RAG]
Pretty simple for all you PvP players out there. You will the “G.N.E.R.D.” item which you can get from “Handful of Treats”. Also the Holiday vendor “Dorothy” (Alliance) and “Chub” (Horde) will sell you “G.N.E.R.D.S.” (don’t do drugs children) for a few “Tricky Treats”.
Queue for a Battleground such as Alterac Valley and get in the action. You don’t have to get all ten honorable kills in one Battleground but you are likely to get it all at once. If you die the G.N.E.R.D.S. buff disappears so you will have to eat another one.
Tricks and Treats of Azeroth [AZE]
This is made up of three separate achievements “Tricks and Treats of Eastern Kingdoms”, “Tricks and Treats of Kalimdor” and “Tricks and Treats of Outland.” Which will take a few hours to fly around to all. All you need do is visit all of your faction and neutral inns and grab a “Handful of Treats” from the buckets.
Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria zones are not required for this achievement as the have their own, separate achievements such as “Tricks and Treats of Northrend” and are not required for the meta achievement. However they are worth doing as the amount of “Tricky Treats” you get will allow to buy anything you are missing at the end.
Tricks and Treats of Northrend (optional)
Same method as “Tricks and Treats of Azeroth”.
Tricks and Treats of the Cataclysm (optional)
Same method as “Tricks and Treats of Azeroth”.
Tricks and Treats of Pandaria (optional)
Same method as “Tricks and Treats of Azeroth”.
Out With It [OUT]
Very easy to is very easy to do especially if you did the above. “Tricky Treats” are the currency used in this holiday event. You can get them from the daily quests, Headless Horseman kills and from the “Handful of Treats” you pick up from candy buckets. If you eat about five of them by right clicking on them you will complete the achievement.
Rotten Hallow [ROT]
Alliance (Stormwind gates)
- “A Time to Gain” = “Celestine” will ask you to light the Alliance wicker man.
- “A Time to Lose” = She will now send you up to Lordaeron to put out the Horde wicker man. PvE players will be flagged so you may die attempting this but that iss no problem.
- “Stink Bombs Away!” = You will be ported directly to the quest area where you are required to drop twenty-five stink bombs where ever you want.
- “Clean up in Stormwind“= Horde players doing their own stink bomb quest will leave noxious fumes which are required to clean up around the capital. Some random ones spawn too.
Horde (Undercity’s courtyard)
- “A Time to Build Up” = Darkcaller Yanka is near the Undercity wicker man.
- “A Time to Break Down = You will now be sent to Stormwind to put out the Alliance wicker man. PvE players will be flagged so you may die attempting this but that is no problem.
- “Stink Bombs Away! = You’ll be ported directly to the quest area where you are required to drop twenty-five stink bombs where ever you want.
- “Clean Up in Undercity” = Alliance players doing their own stink bomb quest will leave noxious fumes which are required to clean up around the capital. Some random ones spawn too.
Check Your Head [CHE]
“Weighted Jack-o’-Lanterns” are acquired from in three different ways: Headless Horseman drops, you will find them in the large pumpkin left on the ground when the Headless Horseman is defeated in low level towns and it is rewarded by the “Let the Fires Come”/”Stop the Fires” daily quests.
You’ll need twelve heads to complete the achievement. Target the players and right-click a Weighted Jack-o’-Lantern item, they will now be wearing a pumpkin head. However you may accidentally target someone who’s already gotten the pumpkin head and which you wont get credit for. Also remember to use one on yourself as that is an easy one to begin with.
Sinister Calling [CAL]
There are three ways to complete “Sinister Calling”, Get both items (“Sinister Squashling and Hallowed Helm”) as a drop from the “Headless Horseman” which I did with a broom included), get them as a random drop from the “Handfuls of Candy” at candy buckets or buy them from holiday vendors for 150 Tricky Treats each.
I would recommend waiting a bit before decideing to buy them. You might get it from a drop. However if its near the end of Hallow’s End then I would buy them. You are very likely to get it after a few horseman kills I got mine after two kills.
Bring Me The Head of …Oh Wait [BRI]
You need to kill the “Headless Horseman”. Use your Dungeon Finder and que for the Headless Horseman dungeon. You kill it by hitting the “Headless Horseman” then he’s head which flies around, him, then his head again. It will probably take the head to come off three times to get the final kill.
You can do this how many times you want but you will only get the “Loot-Filled Pumpkin” items once per day. You will also need to be level 89 or level 90 to do.
All rewards have been updated for level 90.
“Wicked Witch’s Signet” (Ring).
“Band of the Petrified Pumpkin” (Ring).
“Seal of Ghoulish Glee” (Ring).
“The Horseman’s Ring” (Ring).
Loot-Filled Pumpkin Drops
“The Horseman’s Sinister Slicer” (Sword).
“The Horseman’s Horrific Hood” (Helm).
“The Horseman’s Reins” (Mount).
“Flying Broom” (Holiday Mount).
“Sinister Squashling” (Pet).
“Hallowed Helm” (Pumpkin Helm).
The “Loot-Filled Pumpkin” can also contain a randomly selected flimsy mask and It is possible to get multiple special items from one “Loot-Filled Pumpkin”.
Trick or Treat! [TRI]
The first inn you go to and get a Handfuls of Candy from will reward this.
A Mask for All Occasions (optional) [MAS]
The masks can be bought for two “Tricky Treats” each. They can also drop from “Loot-Filled Pumpkin” and “Handfuls of Candy”.
Complete the meta achievement “Hallowed Be Thy Name” to gain the title “The Hallowed” and some easy achievement points.
My other World of Warcraft posts:
- World of Warcraft Subscriptions Now Over Ten Million.
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is Now Available.
- Two New World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria TV Adverts.
- World of Warcraft Patch 5.0.4 is Available.
- World of Warcraft: All Races Will Be Available For Free Even Without Future Expansions.
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Opening Cinematic.
- World of Warcraft Patch 5.0.4 Notes and Release Date.
- World of Warcraft Mega Bloks Figures are Now Available in Shops. Also Seven Pictures of the Figures.
- World of Warcraft Has Lost Over a Million Subscribers Since May 2012.
- World of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria Pre-Purchase and Release Date Now Available.
- World of Warcraft: Children’s Week Guide (2012).
- Detailed World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Information; Zones, Races, New Continent and More.
- What to Expect in World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria.
- Nineteen World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Screenshots.
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Preview Trailer.
2 thoughts on “World of Warcraft: Hallow’s End Guide (2012)”
Comments are closed.