Mojang on Tuesday released a new update for the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. It includes things such as the cheating Creative Mode, hunger, new world types, new combat mechanics, gameplay tweaks, bug fixes and much more.
The game will update the next time it is launched by the player.
1.8.2 Patch Notes:
- Creative Mode.
- Superflat world type.
- NPC Villages, Abandoned Mineshafts, Strongholds and Ravines.
- 12 Music Discs.
- Updated mob sounds – Changed sounds for when player is damaged and minor changes to hostile/Passive mobs.
- New Combat Mechanics:
– Chargeable bows.
– Critical hits.
– Players can parry with a sword.
- Ability to change the name of your world save..
- Chain Armor.
- Pressure Plates can now be placed on fences.
- New mobs:
– Cave spiders.
- New Food and Items:
– Raw Chicken.
– Cooked Chicken.
– Raw Beef.
– Melon seeds.
– Rotten Flesh.
– Fence Gate.
– Iron bars.
– Glass pane.
– Stone Brick.
– Stone Brick Stairs.
– Stone Brick Slabs.
– Brick Stairs.
– Brick Slabs.
– Pumpkin Seed.
- Pumpkins and Melons grow from stems faster, and do not require farmland.
- Sponges (Creative Mode only).
- New biomes:
– Swamp biome.
– Ocean biome – Ocean floor now consists of Clay, sand and dirt, this makes clay easier to find.
– Mountain biome.
– River – Rivers flow through/in between biomes.
- Passive mobs will randomly flee if attacked by the player or other mobs (such as Cows).
- Pig has 3D snout.
- Death messages – Message appears saying who and how the player died.
- Mining speed changes – Time taken to mine ores has been reduced, such as Redstone.
- Sugar Cane can now be placed on sand.
- Chest has opening and closing animation.
- User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
- Skeletons hold full size bow.
- Shears can now collect Tall Grass and Vines.
- Exclusive Superflat option for the Nether.
- Option to turn clouds off.
- Large changes to Xbox 360 tutorial mode.
- Bonus chest world option.
- Option to turn PVP off.
- Option to turn fire spread off.
- Option to make TNT not detonate.
- Option to trust players (to op players).
- Bug fixes:
– Fix for duplication glitch.
– Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
– Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved.
– Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn’t.
– Fixed issue with Minecart with Furnace not being able to move another Minecart
– Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.
Some of my other Minecraft posts:
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition has Sold Four Million.
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Skin Pack 2 is Available. Complete List and Nine Screenshots.
- Minecraft – Pocket Edition Version 0.3.3 is Now Available.
- Minecraft Patch 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 is Now Available.
- Building a Minecraft Kingdom One Mined Block at a Time. Part #4 Mining and Monster Rave with the Zombie House Mafia.
- Some of the Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Skin Pack 2 Skins.
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Has Reached More Than Three Million Units Sold.
- Building a Minecraft Kingdom One Mined Block at a Time. Part #3 Starting the Residential District.
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Skin Pack 1 is Now Available.
- Building a Minecraft Kingdom.
- Minecraft Survival Diary.