Revolution Software have confirmed it’s developing a sequel to the classic cyberpunk adventure game Beneath a Steel Sky. Revolution Software originally said a sequel would be made if its Kickstarter goal for the Broken Sword – the Serpent’s Curse Adventure reached $1 million.
However it didn’t manage to achieve that with only $771,560 raised. Despite that they have decided to make a sequel anyway. So was it just to bait people into paying more? That’s one of the problems of Kickstarter, dodgy financial practices.
Revolution Software co-founder Tony Warriner said: “We’re delighted by the recent level of interest in a sequel to Beneath a Steel Sky and are currently discussing design ideas for this project which we plan to go into development following the release of Broken Sword – The Serpent’s Curse. We’re deeply touched that our Steel Sky fans are as enthusiastic today as they were when the original game released in 1994.”
Beneath a Steel Sky 2 is being developed for iOS, Android, PC, Linux, and Mac OS X with a console version also being considered.
If you can’t wait for the sequel or want to know what the fuss is about you can get the first game Beneath a Steel Sky for free over on GOG.com.
My other GOG.com posts:
- GOG.com: Classic Dungeons and Dragons Games on Sale.
- GOG.com: Urban Chaos and Gangsters: Organized Crime our Available. Real Power is Never Giving its Taken.
- Telltale Games Sam & Max and Monkey Island Now Available on GoG.com.
- Two Classic Bullfrog Games are Now Available on GOG.com.
- Good Old Games Relaunches as GOG.com.
- The Original Syndicate is Now Available on GoG.
- GoG is Releasing Original Syndicate Tomorrow.