Blizzard Entertainment will be releasing the World of Warcraft 5.0.4 patch on the 28th August. Which also happens to be the release date for Guild Wars 2 and a day to mark down on your calendars if you’re a fan of either one of these games.
World of Warcraft 5.0.4 is the pre-expansion patch for World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria so expect big changes to the game such as shared mounts, new pets, pet combat and a new talent tree system. North American servers will get the patch on 28th August and European servers on the 29th August and World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria should be out by 25th September 25th.
I don’t know whether it’s a coincidence that they happen to be coming out on the same day or a carefully thought out strategy but its a good move by Blizzard Entertainment to try to distract some players from trying out Guild Wars 2. However most people who are going to play Guild Wars 2 have probably bought a copy already so there going to play it either way.
World of Warcraft 5.0.4 patch notes:
- Account-wide Achievements, pets, and mounts
- In Patch 5.0.4 and beyond, the majority of your character’s Achievements, pets, and mounts will be shared with your other characters.
- World Event: Attack on Theramore Isle (not available to players)
- Warchief Garrosh, obsessed with assuring the Horde’s supremacy over Kalimdor, launches an all-out attack against Jaina’s island home of Theramore. Though valiant Alliance defenders rush to repel the sudden onslaught, they’ll soon find themselves unprepared for the terrible scope of Garrosh’s true plans.
- Area of effect looting comes to World of Warcraft with this patch. After killing a group of enemies in close proximity, when you loot one of their corpses, the loot window will include items from all of the nearby corpses for which you have loot rights.
- BattleTag support in World of Warcraft
- Players who have enabled their BattleTag (US)will now be able to:
– See BattleTag friends in your friends list.
– Add and remove BattleTag friends.
– Send BattleTag invites to other players via right-click.
- All classes have been updated with a new talent system (US), improved abilities, and spells (accessible throughout levels 1-85). Your character’s talents have been reset.
- Many old talents have been converted to specialization abilities.
- Druids now have access to a fourth class specialization: Guardian.
- New spells are now learned automatically. Class trainers are only needed to change talents, glyphs, class specialization, or to utilize the dual specialization feature.
- All characters now take 30% less damage from other players.
- Spell Penetration has been replaced by PvP Power on existing items.
- Head enchants removed.
- Enchants that modify the gear in your head slot have been removed (US) from the game. This includes older head enchants of every type.
- Relics, ranged, and thrown items.
- The slot in which ranged, relics, and thrown items were previously equipped has been removed. All weapons should now be equipped in the weapon slot.
- Ranged weapons, including wands, have been adjusted to be more powerful.
- Ranged weapons no longer have a minimum range.
- The glyph system has been updated. Many class glyphs have been added, altered, or moved to different glyph types.
- Prime glyphs have been removed.
- There is a new user interface for your mounts and pets.
- Character creation screens have been updated.
- Buffs have been consolidated in the UI.
- New roll results frame added. This new feature can be accessed by clicking the word “[Loot]” in chat, or by typing “/loot”.
- The PvE queue frames have been unified. You can now queue for dungeons, raids, and other queue-able content in one handy place.
- Vendors now offer item filtering.
- Spellbooks have been updated to reflect changes to core abilities, and now include a brief overview of specializations.
- The Dungeon Journal has been expanded with information on all pre-Cataclysm encounters.
- A new help system has been added to many frames. You can toggle this on and off by clicking the “i” button in the upper left corner of the frame.
I don’t care much about Guild Wars 2 and won’t be playing it. While I will probably play World of Warcraft for the new levels and to see what has changed. Theres too much choice these days in terms of MMORPGs and because they demand so much time they really need to be fun which World of Warcraft mostly is.
My other World of Warcraft posts:
- World of Warcraft Mega Bloks Figures are Now Available in Shops. Also Seven Pictures of the Figures.
- World of Warcraft Has Lost Over a Million Subscribers Since May 2012.
- World of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria Pre-Purchase and Release Date Now Available.
- World of Warcraft: Children’s Week Guide (2012).
- Detailed World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Information; Zones, Races, New Continent and More.
- What to Expect in World of Warcraft: Mists of Panderia.
- Nineteen World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Screenshots.
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Preview Trailer.