Bethesda Softworks have announced today that the first official Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim DLC Dawnguard is now available on PC. It can be bought on Steam purchased through Steam for £13.99 which I think is more than Xbox 360 version was on the Xbox Live Marketplace. However the PlayStation 3 versions has been indefinitely delayed.
From bethblog.com: “We are not satisfied yet with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3. We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse. We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC. We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality.”
So yeah the PlayStation 3 version is apparently having some technical problems either that or its some disagreement over when it should be released with Sony but I doubt that is the case seeing as the DLC is now available on the PC and Xbox 360.
PlayStation 3 owners always seem to get a rough ride with Bethesda Softworks games from longer waits for DLC to be released, bad performances and bugs. At least you have better online experience and don’t have to pay for Xbox Live Gold when wanting to playing online.
Some of my Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim posts:
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Not Yet Announced for PC and PlayStation 3.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patch 1.7 is Now Available on Steam.
- I Have Updated The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Shout Locations and Dawnguard DLC Guides.
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard Werewolf Perks.
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard Vampire Lord Perks.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard Achievements.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Achievements.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Books.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Diseases.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dragon Priest Mask Locations.