According to recent reports Bethesda Softworks is creating an MMO (Massively multiplayer online game) based on the Elder Scrolls universe.
The website Tom’s Guide has published an article claiming that an Elder Scrolls MMO is in production, according to an anonymous industry source.
The source also said that the game would take place a millennium prior to the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. This would mean the MMO would take place hundreds of years before any game in the series so far.
The article also goes on to say that they game is planned to have “three playable factions,” each represented by a different animal: a lion (I would choose that), a dragon, and bird of prey.
The game maybe be shown in some form in the upcoming E3 and Quakecon conventions.
With the success of Skyrim and previous games in the franchise it’s not really a surprise to hear that they might be making a MMO based on the Elder Scrolls universe. I just hope it’s a more revolutionary MMO than the more recent attempts at the genre. Yes I am looking at you Star Wars: The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2.
Bethesda Softworks will apparently “announce Elder Scrolls Online in May 2012”.
My other Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim posts:
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patch 1.4.27 is Available on Steam.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patch 1.4 is Now Available on Steam.
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Books #08 Fire and Darkness.
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Books #07 A Tragedy in Black.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Books.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Diseases.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dragon Priest Mask Locations.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Achievements.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Shout Locations.
5 thoughts on “Rumor: Bethesda Softworks Making a Elder Scrolls MMO”
Comments are closed.