As a tribute to the recent 20th anniversary of the original release of the Snatcher PC-8801 and MSX2 game, I have made a movie and album that celebrates synthwave music and the Sega CD (Mega-CD) release of the Hideo Kojima and Konami classic.
It is called Snatcher the Journey and goes through the games’ key scenes to the background of 1980s inspired synthwave music.
Several scenes feature Gillian Seed a Snatcher and the main protagonist travelling in a turbocycle; a three-wheeled vehicle capable of VTOL ground and air travel. You can view these scenes as Gillian traveling between locations, or as the present time with the scenes in-between being Gillian having flashbacks. You decide.
Snatcher the Journey – A Synthwave Video Game Album and Film
The video features many synthwave songs. You can see a list of them below.
- Zombie Hyperdrive – Red Eyes
- Quixotic – Palms
- Dynatron – Dust of the Saturn
- FM-84 – Running In The Night (feat. Ollie Wride)
- Wice – Star Fighter
- FM Attack – Magic (feat. Kristine)
- The Midnight – Vampires
- Robert Parker – ’85 Again (feat. Miss K)
- The Midnight – Gloria
- The Midnight – Sunset
- The Midnight – Jason (feat. Nikki Flores)
- The Midnight – Lost Boy
- The Midnight – The Comeback Kid
- FM-84 – Tears
- The Midnight – Los Angeles
- ORAX – Contact
- The Midnight – America 2
- The Midnight – Light Years (feat. Nikki Flores)
- Tyler Lyle – Lost & Found (The Midnight Remix)
- The Midnight – River of Darkness
- The Midnight – Kids (Reprise)
Watch, listen, or do both.