Valve Corporation annual Summer continues. Like many of the sales on Steam, most of their games on the service will be discounted. There are flash sales where community will be able to vote on what game should be given a massive discount every eight hours, flash sales and much more. This year Valve not just content with their millions from the upcoming Dota 2 International and have decided to try a different format by introducing a competitive aspect to the annual sales.
The Steam Summer Sale will last from 19th June 2014 to 30th June 2014.
Today’s Daily Deals Include:
- State of Decay is 75% off.
- Bound By Flame is 40% off.
- Dynasty Warriors 8 is 50% off.
- Game Dev Tycoon is 60% off.
- Plague Inc: Evolved is 33% off.
- Prison Architect is 66% off.
- RPG Maker VX Ace is 75% off.
- Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs is 75% off.
- The Walking Dead, Season Two is 50% off.
Can only buy one game today?
Then buy: State of Decay 75% off. Was
£14.99 now £3.74.
Yesterday Daily Deals are still available.
You can learn more about the Steam Summer Sale here.
From store.steampowered.com: “In addition to the sale is the bonus Steam Summer Adventure. Collect, trade, and craft 10 Summer Adventure cards that can only be earned during the sale. Players can earn in-game items, community rewards, and points for their team by crafting badges throughout the sale. At the end of each day, the team with the most points wins.”
“30 randomly selected members of the winning team who contributed points by crafting badges that day will win 3 games off their Wishlist. Players are randomly assigned to one of five teams and through crafting can earn tokens which grant bonus points, steal points from other teams, or switch the player to a different team.”
It’s kind of cool that Valve have decided to change the sales up a bit this year but in my opinion it’s not much of change. The only difference now is that Valve is encouraging people to spend even more money. So if you happen to be in the correct team and lucky enough to be one of the thirty chosen then you can win three games from your wish list.
Therefore its a 1/5 chance for being in the correct team and then 30/500,000 (probably higher) to win. The whole system just comes up as a cynical cash in by Valve on their loyal customers.
There will be a lot of quality games to choose from each day and there will also be plenty of deals to be had but like always if there’s some games you had your eyes on then the next two weeks is a better time than ever to get them. However I wouldn’t go crazy buying everything especially if you don’t have the time or will hardly play a certain game. For example a good game might only cost a few pounds but if you never play it then it’s still a waste of money.
Some of my other Steam Sale related posts:
- Steam Summer Sale 2014: Day One Deals are Now Available.
- Steam Holiday Sale 2013: Day Fourteen and Fifteen Deals are Available (Last Day).
- Steam Holiday Sale 2013: Day Thirteen Deals are Available.
- Steam Holiday Sale 2013: Day Twelve Deals are Now Available.
- Steam Holiday Sale 2013: Day Eleven Deals are Available.
- Steam Holiday Sale 2013: Day Ten Deals are Now Available.
- Steam Holiday Sale 2013: Day Nine Deals are Now Available.
- Steam Holiday Sale 2013: Day Eight Deals are Now Available.
- Steam Holiday Sale 2013: Day Seven Deals are Now Available.
- Steam Holiday Sale 2013: Day Six Deals are Now Available.