Digital Extremes the developers of Warframe a free-to-play co-op action game have released another major update to the game. The main additions are the Nova Warframe, new Sentinel attachments, new weapons, series II Warframe alt helmets, new star map and much more.
Warframe Update 9.0.0 Video Preview.
Nova Warframe Profile Video.
Update 9.0.0 Vors Revenge
Update 9.0.0 was released on 13th July 2013.
- Design Council Warframe: “Nova”.
- Orokin Void Map expansion (with Mobile Defense, Defense, and Capture!) with 5 new Prime weapons to be found (Bronco, Fang, Paris, Braton, Orthos).
- Captain Vor Boss Battle (drops rare “Seer” scoped pistol blueprints).
- New Sentinel Attachments: Jet Wings, Koi tail, Mechhead mask
- Dojo Statues have Arrived! Explore 12 new placeable decorations for your dojo (Plus, coming soon, +2 more decos for top ranked clans from Fusion MOA and Snipetron event).
- New Weapon – Grineer Shotgun “Sobek”.
- New Weapon – Tenno Throwing stars “Hikou”.
- New Clan Research Weapon – Corpus Pistol “Spectra”.
- Added first phases of Lore UI (click your in-game profile and look for the tab!)
- Grineer Galleon Map Expansion (now supporting Mobile Defense, Spy, Deception, Capture)
- Series II Warframe Alt Helmets: 14 new Warframe Helmets (1 for each Warframe including NOVA)
- Avatar packs for all Season II helmets.
- Clan & Dojo Management Improvements (MotD, Clan size restrictions)
- New star map functionality with Cinematic dioramas.
- Aura mod system is here! The Artifacts system has transformed into a new system and has merged with the Aresnal UI. The new “Auras” can be fused just like mods, and they have their own slot! Auras are powerful, but also come at a cost to equip.
- 12x new Mods: Faction “Bane” (melee, pistol, shotgun, rifle)
- Nightmare Game Mode. Are you tough enough to survive Nightmare mode?
- 10x Dual Stat Mods rewards (awarded in “Nightmare” game mode challenges only)
- Sneak preview of new UI in the Foundry!
- New Boss on Europa! Look out for the Corpus Raptor!
- New Tutorial added, look out for Captain Vor!
- New Infested Ancient enemy has appeared in the solar system, be alert.
- New color picker for the French Holiday!
- Clan Emblems have been added as an option to the game.
- New Resource and Credit bundle options added to the Market.
- Enabled Clan size caps. This cap is Phase One of making the shift to the new Alliance System. With this change also comes the new scaled resourced per Clan Tier.
- Added toggle for “gore” in Options Menu. Gore enabled by default.
- Added friendly system message in EU Region Global chat reminding players to “take a break” every hour they play.
- Changed a variety of blueprint recipes in the Marketplace.
- Refined the tint options on the Burston, Viper, Gram, Furis, Afuris, Dera, Furax, and Boltor.
- Revisions to Snipetron Vandal sounds.
- Mobile Defense: Adjusted number of active enemies allowed during defense stages – more for solo & increase numbers slightly in stage 2 & 3 to make them more epic.
- Enemies will storm the defense targets, which makes them much more aggressive towards it.
- Improved sprint animations for throwing weapons movement set.
- Prevent players from entering missions once a build update has been detected.
- Improved color tinting on Ash’s smoke armband more subtle.
- Mobile Defense Release lockdown when going into a defense wave. NPC’s abort running to panic button during defense wave.
- Weapon skins selector now supports displaying more than 7 skins.
- Added arrow trail to Dread projectiles.
- Show Squad count when hovering over nodes.
- Disabled mantle/wall run on decorative trees to prevent players from getting stuck in them.
- Burston damage and fire rate buff.
- Dera projectile speed increased (doubled flight speed).
- Flux Rifle damage and fire rate buff.
- Lanka damage and damage type (serrated) buff.
- True Steel mod buff (doubled).
- Pressure Point mod buff (20% base).
- Reaper Prime buff a bit more speed, damage, and charge damage.
- Shield Lancers now use Grineer Viper instead of Tenno weapon.
- Sniper Mods can now be applied to Lanka.
- Increased the drop rate for Control Modules, Alloy Plate, Neural Sensors, and Gallium.
- Fixed Acrid DOT numbers not showing up on capture target, and death affect not replicating.
- Fixed a case where exterminate missions could be left with non-zero enemy remaining count, but no enemies would spawn.
- Fixed Rhino’s Iron Skin being removed by other players causing damage to it.
- Fixed ability effects for Nyx to be consistent on host/client both in terms of what is created and what colour it is.
- Fixed Rescue mission from being completed without freeing the prisoner.
- Fixed some reported navigation and cover issues AI were having in Grineer Defense.
- Fixed Volt’s Speed ability not making you jog faster.
- Fixed player sliding issues.
- Fixed host migration issue in Grineer Galleon Sabotage where the target would be missing after migration.
- Fixed health regeneration in PvP dueling.
- Fixes to prevent objective related triggers being re-enabled after host migration.
- Fixed Volt’s Shock ability to chain properly off turrets and cameras.
- Fixed Supra shots from the Supra will now correctly line up with the target reticule.
- Fixed weapon attachments (Kunai/Despair holsters) that would detach from player while using a sniper rifle.
- Fixed/removed off-hand flashlight when using Despair.
- Fixed Capture target hostage AI not following player after host migration.
- Fixed icon for default Frost helmet.
- Fixed issue where Bladestorm would get “stuck” on clients.
- Fixed various reported level issues (clipping, AI nav, level holes).
- Various crash fixes.
Update 9.1.0 was released on 13th July 2013.
- Simplified the vengeful Vor’s scaling he will no longer be quite as tough as he thought he was (less than level 100).
- Swapped the old Foundry back in until we fix the recipe issues with the new version.
- Fix for star chart camera moving around when dragging window chat.
- Fix for resource material drops throughout solar system.
- Fix for problem in tutorial where enemies were trying to sabotage the Lotus’s guidance.
- Fix for Dojos who had overcontributed and were in a locked state after scaling prices took effect.
- Fix and swap.
All items in the game can be bought with real money or earned by playing the game quite a bit but because this is a free-to-play game prepare to spend money eventually.
I have been playing Warframe since early 2013 (closed beta) and I have to admit it is pretty fun and quite unique (I am a Hunter founder afterall). I am into co-op and small multiplayer games more these days and I am a big fan or the art style and the space sci-fi setting is always a winner with me so all that helps my impressions of the game. With Update 9.0.0 jsut being released I though I should start posting more about the updates and the game in general.
Remember the game is still in open beta but that won’t stop Digital Extremes taking your money.
My other Warframe posts:
2 thoughts on “Warframe Update 9.0.0 Vors Revenge and Update 9.1.0 is Now Available. Also Two New Update Videos”
Comments are closed.