Paradox Interactive announced at the start of the month that the latest DLC The Old Gods, the fourth expansion for the excellent and fun Crusader Kings II will be released at the end of May.
From paradoxplaza.com: “This is the barbaric world of Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods, the fourth expansion for the universally acclaimed Crusader Kings II, releasing on May 28.”
Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Gameplay Trailer.
“In the first of three developer diaries delving in to one of Europe’s darkest and most brutal periods, project lead Henrik Fåhraeus explains the prominence that the pagans will have in the game.”
Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Developer Diary 1 – Pagans.
Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Developer Diary 1 – Rebels.
“Adding an additional 200 years to the gameplay timeline by pulling the start date back to 867 AD with the great heathen army rampaging across England, Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods will feature all of the key pagan nations and religions of the period including the Norse, Baltic and Slavic pagans as well as the Mongols.”
Crusader Kings II was my favorite game of last year and The Old Gods DLC looks like it may help stay there a few more years to come.
My other Crusader Kings II posts:
- The Best Video Games of 2012 and Other Awards.
- Nine New Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods DLC Screenshots and Two Video Previews. Also 1.092 Patch Notes.
- Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods DLC Coming Soon. Also Trailer and Seven Concept Artwork.
- Crusader Kings II Patch 1.09, Patch 1.091 and Three New DLC’s are Available.
- Crusader Kings II Patch 1.07 and 1.08 are Now Available.
- Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam, African Unit Pack and Songs of the Caliph DLC is Now Available.
- Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam DLC Coming Soon.
- Crusader Kings II Ruler Designer DLC has been Announced.
- Video Games to Watch Out For in 2012 Part #1.